Exiv2 bug reports

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 21:26:09 GMT 2017

Hi,

yes, i agree. this is not the first time that Exiv2 team drop as well the
report.

I responded on Exiv2 bugzilla where Robin Mills said that digiKam is badly
designed. Technically the crash is in Exiv2 while parsing metadata. The
architecture is the same in digiKam for image and video. We don't see any
dysfunction about images. I use it everyday. For video support, Exiv2 has a
not stabilized code yet. This is the problem.

The ultimate solution is to disable video metadata IO with Exiv2 from
digiKam. I don't see no better way....

Gilles