how to optimally use face*tion

Boudewijn wankelwankel at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 1 21:21:38 GMT 2017

On dinsdag 28 februari 2017 16:10:40 CET Andrey Goreev wrote:
> Boudewijn wrote:
> > TL;DR: how do I make optimal use of face detection/recognition? I seek to
> > improve recognition results.

> In your case I would started with the default accuracy settings (1/2) and if
> keep getting plants and unwanted faces would moved the slider to 1/4 and
> reviewed the results

Is that applicable to detection or recognition? At 95% about 1 in 15 is a
"clear" false positive (ie, plant, not a painting with a face on it); I never
checked for false negatives: I got many faces as it is.

> > So far face detection helps me, but face recognition does not yield the
> > results I hoped for so I end up going through the set of images more than
> > once to check for false negative names, false positive names and just for
> > fun.

Can I expect the recognition rate to increase with a growing number of already
known faces?

Thanks and best regards,

Boudewijn