Cross Platform SQL Issues

Hampton Morgan k4kfh.radio at gmail.com
Tue Jul 4 23:28:22 BST 2017

The external SQL server option is fantastic for managing family photos
across a lot of computers since it makes it possible to have a powerful
machine (i.e. desktop) index the photos, and then all the computers in the
house can browse the collections without having to do the work of
indexing/updating everything all the time.

I've been trying to get this working, but I've run into issues with the
paths. My Linux VM indexes everything just fine and puts it in an SQL
database. My clients can connect to the SQL database. The problem is my
Windows clients flip out because /media/FamilyNAS/Photos is not available,
despite the fact that Z:\Photos is available. Is there a component of
Digikam I am missing where you can tell a client "for you, this path is
where this collection is" or does this feature not exist yet? If this was
ironed out Digikam would be usable on a massive scale for home and business
use.

Thanks,
Hampton