Setting metadata for a few images (like 500) freezes digikam.

Anders Lund anders at alweb.dk
Sat Jul 15 14:32:42 BST 2017

Hi Gilles,

På Sat, 15 Jul 2017 15:17:38 +0200
Gilles Caulier <caulier.gilles at gmail.com> skrev:
> Don't use this option. I plan to remove this. The RAW write support in
> Exiv2 still unstable and nothing work on it.
>
> The option is disabled by default. Don't change it.

I'll uncheck it again, and maybe it was a bit silly to test with that
many inmages.

The reason is that I use an external program (darktable) for processing,
and it would be smart if meta data could be shared. For my planned
workflow, in some cases the description would be used for adding a text
to the image using darktables built-in facility for that. I'll find a
workaround for now :)