Scan for new items takes ages after syncing collection btw. two computers

Remco Viƫtor remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr
Tue Jan 31 13:30:06 GMT 2017

On mardi 31 janvier 2017 13:12:55 CET Chris Green wrote:

> Even if "save all metadata with the image" isn't the default there
> should be a simple *single* box to tick somewhere to request this.  My
> memory of trying to do this a while ago was that it isn't at all
> obvious how to do it.

That's again your opinion, i.ow. "I want it to be that way", not "good
practice prescribes that way". As there are several elements involved, I'm not
sure it's easy to get a good and safe default *and* allow what you want in one
checkbox.

It all depends on what the developers consider the most important. I didn't
pay for the program, and as far as I know, neither of us is directly involved
with Digikam development. For me that means I can request changes, but I have
no right whatsoever to prescribe to the *unpaid* volunteers of the development
team what they should do or not do (let alone prescribe how to do it).

Remco