Religious war Forum vs ML

Sveinn í Felli sv1 at fellsnet.is
Sat Jan 28 13:53:43 GMT 2017

Þann lau 28.jan 2017 12:39, skrifaði Simon Frei:
> Discourse mailing capabilities without configuring specially to work
> just as a ML is not optimal indeed. However when I last tested using a
> configured forum as ML (for the user: one checkbox to tick) I got
> exactly the behaviour of a ML (as far as I know it, I am not aware of
> any "special features" of MLs). So if you don't want to use any of the
> "forum aspects", you don't have to.

Actually, it has been clear from the beginning that the DigiKam
developers want to stick to the KDE infrastructure.

KDE offers both Mailman mailinglists and phpBB forums, the latter seems
to have had its last major UI-overhaul in 2007. Maybe it's time for a
change; why not combine the two and make sure it's setup not to disrupt
the actual workflow, keeping existing archives and user IDs.

But I guess the way to propose such a change is at KDE itself, for
example <https://ev.kde.org/workinggroups/sysadmin.php>.

Best regards,
Sveinn í Felli

PS: JDD pointed out some DigiKam forums:

https://www.digikam.org/forum/
https://forum.kde.org/viewforum.php?f=255
http://forum.pcinfo-web.com/digikam-t-4776.html

Plus some language-specific ones.
None of these have had any considerable activity.