Religious war Forum vs ML

Michael Gerdau mgd at qata.de
Sat Jan 28 13:51:37 GMT 2017

>> In my book even the mailing capabilities of Discourse aren't remotely
>> close to what an ML offers.
>>
>> </private opinion>
> Can you please give some explanation what the pitfalls were that you
> experienced?
> Discourse mailing capabilities without configuring specially to work
> just as a ML is not optimal indeed. However when I last tested using a
> configured forum as ML (for the user: one checkbox to tick) I got
> exactly the behaviour of a ML (as far as I know it, I am not aware of
> any "special features" of MLs). So if you don't want to use any of the
> "forum aspects", you don't have to.

Well, it may have been the way those Discourse Fora had been set up. The
only thing I could get was something very similar to a digest of a ML of
all the articles written.

While that was a huge improvement compared to what a "normal" forum
delivers here it still does not match my working style.

All that had been about 2 or so years ago.

Kind regards,
Michael
 Michael Gerdau       email: mgd at qata.de