Duplicate albums when migrating digikam data

Gurvan Huiban gugs.ml at free.fr
Mon Jan 23 20:15:31 GMT 2017

Hello list,

I am trying to migrate my Digikam data from one computer to another, but I
always end up with a duplicate list of albums (See attached screenshot).

More precisely:
- I have Digikam 4.14 installed on my old computer (Debian), with the photos
on an external HDD and the data in an internal MySQL database.
- I exported the data into a SQLite database using Digikam migration tool. I
copy this file on my new computer
- On my new computer (Debian, with Digikam 5.3.0), I tried to create "an empy
collection" with the Digikam wizard, and then to replace the digikam4.db with
the one I got from my old computer. I also tried to configure digikam with the
location of my photos, and then import the digikam4.db from my old computer
into the new one, but in each case, I end with the same thing: All the albums
are duplicated. All my tags are also lost.

I had a quick look inside the digikam4.db with sqlitebrowser, but I could not
detect any issue.

What do I do wrong, and how could I successfully migrate my albums?

Thank you.

Best regards,
Gurvan