Group JPG and RAW

Andrey Goreev aegoreev at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 18:57:23 GMT 2017

Simon,
I think "group files with similar file name" would sound better. I bet "Similar" can include filename_v2, filename_v3 and other versions  if we want to.
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: Simon Frei <freisim93 at gmail.com> Date: 2017-01-10  10:57 AM  (GMT-07:00) To: digiKam - Home Manage your photographs as a professional with the power of open source <digikam-users at kde.org> Subject: Re: Group JPG and RAW

    @Andrey: I completely misinterpreted your earlier statements,
      sorry. I just associated group by type with what it does in
      digikam, without actually thinking about it.

    I completely agree that semantically it is wrong to say group by
      type. I wonder whether group by name (while correct) is clear.
      Does a user, who doesn't already know what it is meant to do,
      understand what is meant by name (namely the filename without the
      extension)?