How to change splash screen in digiKam AppImage?

Andrey Goreev aegoreev at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 17:31:33 GMT 2017

I would focus on something more important though. For example, yesterday digiKam crashed when I added a face region. I did not submit a bug report yet but I will if the issue occurs again.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: Gilles Caulier <caulier.gilles at gmail.com> Date: 2017-01-18  10:23 AM  (GMT-07:00) To: digiKam - Home Manage your photographs as a professional with the power of open source <digikam-users at kde.org> Subject: Re: How to change splash screen in digiKam AppImage?
With FireFox and LibreOffice, a warning appear and ask you to process or not.
There are also one option to disable new version check.
On mercredi 18 janvier 2017 07:59:12 CET Dan Dascalescu wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 18, 2017 at 1:06 AM, Dmitri Popov <lazylegs at gmail.com> wrote:

> > I switched to the AppImage version of digiKam, and it works like a charm.

> Is there a way to make the AppImage self-updating?

> https://github.com/probonopd/AppImageKit/issues/133 suggests there isn't.

Would you really want that? I prefer getting an announcement when there's a

new version, and decide _myself_ if/when I'm going to get it...