UTF-8 captions

Andrey Goreev aegoreev at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 15:48:30 GMT 2017

Hello Remco,

Digikam shows the caption under the thumbnail as well as in the right panel:
Properties -> digiKam properties/Caption
Metadata -> EXIF/Image Description; IPTC/Caption (IPTC/Character Set shows
UTF-8); XMP/Description, XMP/User comment; XMP/Image description;
Captions -> Description/Captions

Here is an extract from the output of ExifTool -a -G1 -s command:

 [File]          Comment                         : ├â┬Ø├â┬¼├â┬«

 [IFD0]          ImageDescription                : ├Ø├¼├«

 [ExifIFD]       UserComment                     : ├â┬Ø├â┬¼├â┬«

 [XMP-tiff]      ImageDescription                : ├â┬Ø├â┬¼├â┬«

 [XMP-exif]      UserComment                     : ├â┬Ø├â┬¼├â┬«

 [XMP-acdsee]    Notes                           : ├â┬Ø├â┬¼├â┬«

 [XMP-dc]        Description                     : ├â┬Ø├â┬¼├â┬«

 [IPTC]          Caption-Abstract                : ├â┬Ø├â┬¼├â┬«

Best regards,
Andrey Goreev