UTF-8 captions

Andrey Goreev aegoreev at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 13:26:46 GMT 2017

Hello,

Digikam handbook says that captions are UTF-8 compatible (see the text
extract below) however I found some pictures with "Ìåäâåäü ïîñë"
simbols that do not make sense to me.
I went through all the settings and did not notice any related setting.
Please advise if I am missing something.

Extract from the handbook:
>>2.2.6.2 Comment View
>>The caption view can be used to type or paste in a caption of unlimited
size (see note below).
>>The text is UTF-8 compatible, meaning that all special characters are
allowed.
>>With digiKam you can enter unlimited amounts of text using
internationalized alphabet (UTF-8) as caption.

Best regards,
Andrey Goreev