digikam default options

Simon Frei freisim93 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 14 15:46:20 GMT 2017

I can only repeat myself:

    There is clearly a misconception here:

    The "Date modified", "mtime" or whatever it is called property is
    NOT the time a picture was taken. That information is stored in the
    file itself, in the exif header. So the moment of your capture does
    not change at all unless you specifically do so using tools to
    modify the exif header of the file.

There is no harm in updating the modified time/mtime. This is not part
of the file, it is a property of the file in the filesystem. It has
NOTHING AT ALL to do with time you captured your image. It is used for
stuff like backuping, syncing, ...
So please change the option if you must (it is not a good idea as you
don't seem to understand it), but the standard behaviour is correct.