digikam default options

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Sat Jan 14 11:09:41 GMT 2017

> Hello,
>
> I thought it might be not a bad idea to let users activate/deactivate the
> following options during the initial setup wizard:
>
> * Update file timestamp when files are modified (activated by default)

This option is always turn on by default.

> * Always show original images (deactivated by default)

Done. We show original by default. I agree, we receive a lots of reports
about items that disappear from icon-view because original files are hidden
by default.

> I have a feeling that many users would prefer to have updating the file
> timestamp box unchecked and show original images checked.

No. The handbook have been updated to describe all settings. The plan to
include metadata settings panel in first run is not a good way. We have a
warning at end of firstrun to explain that a lots of settings are available
in setup panel and mostly all options are described in handbook now (or
will be done).