4.x series of KDE 4 (Slackware current) BOOST issue

Jeff Robinson jeffnik at anecho.mb.ca
Fri Jan 13 23:48:30 GMT 2017

Hi folks,

I've been using Digikam on Slackware current for quite a while, but seem
to have gotten myself into a dilemma that I can't figure out.

To try and fix some issues I was having compiling Handbrake I removed
all the non-standard Slackware packages, and then added back libraries
as I needed to make certain there was no extra cruft in the system.

Understandably my previous build of Digikam 4.13 no longer worked, so I
went to recompile it... but I get stuck at the same place each time.
I've tried this with 4.12, 4.13, and 4.14 but the same output:

Scanning dependencies of target kipiplugin_videoslideshow_automoc
Generating plugin_videoslideshow.moc
Generating exportdialog.moc
Generating encoderdecoder.moc
usr/include/boost/type_traits/detail/has_prefix_operator.hp:46: Parse
error at "BOOST_JOIN"
automoc4: process for
/usr/src/digikam-4.14.0/build/extra/kipi-plugins/videoslideshow/encoderdecoder.moc
failed: Unknown error
pid to wait for: 0
Generating myimagelist.moc
Generating slideshowsettingswidget.moc
usr/include/boost/type_traits/detail/has_prefix_operator.hp:46: Parse
error at "BOOST_JOIN"
automoc4: process for
/usr/src/digikam-4.14.0/build/extra/kipi-plugins/videoslideshow/slideshowsettingswidget.moc
failed: Unknown error
pid to wait for: 0
Generating actionthread.moc
usr/include/boost/type_traits/detail/has_prefix_operator.hp:46: Parse
error at "BOOST_JOIN"
automoc4: process for
/usr/src/digikam-4.14.0/build/extra/kipi-plugins/videoslideshow/actionthread.moc
failed: Unknown error
pid to wait for: 0
returning failed..
extra/kipi-plugins/videoslideshow/CMakeFiles/kipiplugin_videoslideshow_automoc.dir/build.make:57:
recipe for target
'extra/kipi-plugins/videoslideshow/CMakeFiles/kipiplugin_videoslideshow_automoc'
failed
make[2]: ***
[extra/kipi-plugins/videoslideshow/CMakeFiles/kipiplugin_videoslideshow_automoc]
Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:7480: recipe for target
'extra/kipi-plugins/videoslideshow/CMakeFiles/kipiplugin_videoslideshow_automoc.dir/all'
failed
make[1]: ***
[extra/kipi-plugins/videoslideshow/CMakeFiles/kipiplugin_videoslideshow_automoc.dir/all]
Error 2

I'm not certain if this is an error with the Boost library that I have,
or if it is caused by something else.  The irony of it all is I don't
use the video slideshow plug-in, so even being able to skip that build
would be acceptable to me.

Optimally I'd like to use the latest Digikam, but with the limited spare
time I currently have I don't want to try shoe-horning KDE5 onto my
system, but let the package maintainers do that work for me.

Any hints as to where I could start looking for a fix?

Jeff