Problem with deleting and labelling JPG and RAW

Andrey Goreev aegoreev at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 15:59:40 GMT 2017

Hello Cerp
Please take a look here:
https://discuss.pixls.us/t/culling-process-in-digikam/3000/5
Hopefully it works.
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: cerp <cerp at eeos.biz> Date: 2017-01-13  8:56 AM  (GMT-07:00) To: digiKam - Home Manage your photographs as a professional with the power of open source <digikam-users at kde.org> Subject: Problem with deleting and labelling JPG and RAW
Dear all,

We use digikam to manage our photographic assets.

One issue we have is that when we are on an assignment we normally
shoot RAW + JPG, like most photographers.

When we go back, we then download photographs from the camera in a
buffer disk, we first look quickly at the JPG to decide quickly which
one to keep and which ones to throw away, then we take the one we keep
and we categorise them (with labels) work on the RAW to obtain exactly
the cuts and feel we need, then we move everything to archive.

One of the two big problems we have is that when we scan the JPG to
decide what to keep and what to throw away, deleting the JPG does not
delete the RAW, and marking the JPG does not automatically mark the
RAW, so you haev to carry out every operation twice, which requires
twice as much time. That is a huge problem.

How do we solve it?

PS: Separate email for the other problem.

Best Regards
Corrado & Rina