digiKam multiuser database - concurrent access

Guardian tdumelle at ek-gmbh.de
Mon Feb 20 13:30:43 GMT 2017

Hi there,

I am searching for a DAM tool which allows multiple users to access a
central database at the same time.

I read that dk offers a experimental MySQL database.

Most of my users will access the images to view them. Editing will be very
very (... very) rare.
The reason for my question is if some of you may have experience with this
use case or could give me some resources to read through.

I have ~220000 pictures which are currently "managed" by picasa on each PC
by itself.
I want to install it on a Windows Server machine.

Sincerely
Timo