Missing menus

Derek Keats derek at dkeats.com
Sat Feb 18 19:47:22 GMT 2017

Everything except looking in /home/dkeats/.config/ I had already done. I
moved those files.
Just to be sure about permissions I did sudo chown dkeats:dkeats
/home/dkeats -R
Started DK, same story, no menu bar on editor.

I tried editing the file digikamrc in  /home/dkeats/.config/ but I got the
message

The file you opened has some invalid characters. If you continue editing
this file you could corrupt this document. You can also choose another
character encoding and try again.

I edited anyway, and changed MenuBar=Disabled to MenuBar=Enabled
[General Settings]
Application Style=fusion
Apply Sidebar Changes Directly=false
Clean core DB At Start=false
Height 1080=499
Icon Theme=
MenuBar=Enabled

but that didn't do anything either. Same issue.

regards
Derek

--
Dr Derek W. Keats, PhD
IT Strategy, Higher Education Strategy, Technology Innovation
Email: derek at dkeats.com
Phone: +27 82 787 0169 / +27 11 477 4954
Web: http://www.dkeats.com