DK as a DAM

cool.chris65 at web.de cool.chris65 at web.de
Sat Feb 18 16:31:43 GMT 2017

Hi,

I think you can youse a dir-stuct you prefer. At least you just need a root-folder to be the
start for DK to use

I prefere a stucture like this

Fotos

	YYYY (eg 2016)
	|		|
	|		MM (eg. 02 februar)
	|		|		|
	|		|		DD+Descrition (eg 14
valentiens-tag)
	|		|		20 geburtstag struppi
	|		|
	|		03 maerz

	2017
	|		|
	|		01 januar
	|		|		01
neujahresspaziergang

I hope you understand my personal system ... at least in my opinion it's much more
important to tag all pics with good tags - it helps much more to find the pics especially you
don't know, when you shot them or if you want to search for all pics with eg. the same
person.

Greetz,

Christoph
(sorry about my english, but my nativ lang is german ;-) )

Am Freitag, 17. Februar 2017, 12:44:50 CET schrieb digikam at 911networks.com:
> Hi,
>
> I'm a soon to be ex-Lightroom user. I'm switching to either RawTherapy
> or Darktable. I'd like to switch to DK for the the DAM.
>
> I need to keep track of the raws used for:
> * JPGs for the website
> * JPGs for the various prints, an 8x10 has a different crop than a 11x17 or
> 12x18
>
> * What directory structure are you using/recommending?
> * How to link the raws and the various jpegs/tiffs when they are in
> different directories?
>
> Thanks
>
> Syv

/*GPG-Fingerabdruck: B578 8557 B9B1 354B 3A91 1CC0 5E3C 7538 7C91 0837*/
/*GPG-Kennung: 7C910837*/