creating fingerprints/signatures blocks all other work?

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 10:52:36 GMT 2017

> Hello
>
> To use fizzy search (find duplicated images) one has to let create file
> signatures or fingerprints. This is a very long process for TB's of files,
> of course.
>
> Problem is, that while this process is going on, digikam is blocked for
> normal work. I can't do anything in digikam until that process has finished.
>
> Can't this task be run as a background task?

It's already the case. It work in a separated thread to not block the GUI...

But the registration of data computed to store in database (fingerprints)
create a lock for each SQL query, even if it's queued...

The solution is to not send a queries for a fingerprints to register, but
to group registrations, and limit database lock.

This want mean that database interface will be less unresponsive, but a
little bit in all cases.