How Do I Rename an Album ???

jdd jdd at dodin.org
Sun Feb 5 21:56:28 GMT 2017

Le 05/02/2017 à 20:12, BuckSkin a écrit :
> Thank you, Andrew.
> It would be less confusing if DigiKam did not have so many names in
> different places that mean completely different things.
>
> I enter these folders as "collections", then they show up in the left
> sidebar as "albums"

oh, I see. When right clicking a collection, it is said to be an album
in the top left of the windows. As this menu is different from the one
in real album, it should be possible to give it an other name (collection)

> I guess the only way to rename these "collections" is to delete them in
> "configure" and re-enter them again with the name I want.

it's a solution, but needs rescanning

> I just hope I don't get confused and delete the actual folders from my
> hard-drive.

no

> I get are "new", "open in file manager" and "open in terminal"

yes, same for me (digikam 5.0xx)

it may be possible to edit the sqlite base to change the name, but this
is not obvious

jdd