Lightroom to DigiKam: reading xmp files

salinaale salinaale at gmail.com
Sun Dec 31 14:39:59 GMT 2017

Hi all,
i'm trying to migrate my lightroom catalog to DigiKam, but i have a big
problem in reading keywords.
I would like to be able to search my photo through keywords/tags that i had
previously added in Lightroom.
I created from LR sidecar files (xmp) for every photo and i notice that
files have the following naming convention:
- *original photo: abcdefg.orf*
- *xmp file generated: abcdefg.xmp*

With that naming convention DigiKam is not able to read xmp files!
I tried to rename manually the xmp files as abcdefg*.org*.xmp ( the .orf
extension added ) and all seems works correctly.

I have thousands of photo and i wouldn't rename every files manually.... is
there a solution?
Thansk in advance!
Ale