How to make a "Presentation" with all the information that is in "Slideshow"

lachenmaier lachenmaier at mchsi.com
Sun Dec 31 00:12:21 GMT 2017

I am new to digikam.  I see that there are 2 similar ways to display photos to a groupd of people:  Slideshow and Presentation. Slideshow shows lots of information alongside the photo such as file name, title, caption, tags, labels, rating stars, creation date/time, etc.  However, I have found no way to make a list of the photos (from my large collection) that I want to include in a particular slideshow.  The only way I have found is to copy the photos to be shown to a separate folder, or use linux symbolic links.  On the contrary with Presentation I can make/select a list of photos that I want to include in a presentation, save it, and reuse it.  However, Presentation mode gives me only a small subset of the information that Slideshow displays.  How can I combine the features of the Presentation and Slideshow so that I can make a list of photos to be shown, and include all the information that I want.

Any help is appreciated.

An additional question:  The process for creating a Presentation List of photos is very awkward to use.  I find myself going back and forth from the Preview window to the Presentation creation window for each photo I select for the presentation.  Is there some way that I can browse through my photos in Thumbnail or Preview mode, select a photos for the presentation, and move them all at once into the Presentation List?