Rebuilding database from xmp files

Simon Cropper scropper at botanicusaustralia.com.au
Sun Dec 10 06:05:44 GMT 2017

Hello,

I have recently changed the disk that I store my Digikam directory.

I have attempted to rebuild my database based on the metadata in the
files and associated XMP files.

The problem is that the database scours the drive and imports the file's
metadata but does not suck in anything from the XMP files.

The XMP files have the tags present both as *<digiKam:TagsList>* tag
list and a wide variety of other formats. The problem is none of the
tags are being picked up and put into the database.

I have looked in the manual and on-line but have not seen anything about
how to get these tags into the system.

I am using...

     Ubuntu 16.04
     Mate Desktop 1.12.1
     Digikam 4.12 (13 April 2016)

Should I be using a more recent version of digikam or is there a
sequence of events I should follow?

--
Cheers Simon