map view missing from digikam in Ubuntu 16.04

M. Fioretti mfioretti at nexaima.net
Sun Dec 10 05:32:19 GMT 2017

On 2017-12-09 20:08, Gilles Caulier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> digiKam 4.12.0 is REALLY old now. I remember that previously, official
> package drop marble support for obscur reasons. This imply the non
> availability of geolocation support.
>
> In all case, please use the Linux universal AppImage instead the
> official package.

Thanks. I have installed 5.7 appimage as described here:

http://ubuntuhandbook.org/index.php/2017/06/digikam-5-6-0-released-how-to-install-it-in-ubuntu/

and indeed map view works in that version. ONLY problem so far is that I
cannot easily select a rectangular area to find which pictures belong to
it. 2 times out of 3, when I drag the cursor to do that, what I get is
that the whole google map is dragged by the cursor.

Marco.
--
http://mfioretti.com