Rearranging Tag Tree ???

BuckSkin dmnmcg60 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 03:52:42 GMT 2017

I tried the solution of searching all images with a given tag and then while
they were in the browser window moving the tag; I did several tags in this
manner.

Alas, when I next opened digiKam, all my work was in vane.

Stuff like this just nags at me until I find a solution, even if it means
starting over from scratch.

One thing I intend to try is:
1.  Leave the tags I am trying to move as they are.
2.  Under the tag where I wish them to be as subtags, create new tags of the
same name, except with a
     symbol such as a - or a * or whatever, so that they can be determined
from the old tags.
3.  Bring up all images with the old tag.
4.  Add the new tag to these images.
5.  Remove the old tag from the images.
6.  Edit the new tag to remove the symbol from the tag name.

A lot of time-consuming work, but it should accomplish the task.