Pictures in Tableview not displayed in Thumbnailview

Gurvan Huiban gugs.ml at free.fr
Sun Aug 27 13:09:19 BST 2017

Hello,

I made some tests with Digikam 5.7.0

1) With a Fresh account/database: I imported pictures taken with the Samsung
cellular, and then updated them (crop/rotation/etc.); everyrhing worked as
expected: The pictures remained visible/reachable in the  Thumbnail view

2) With my "old" digikam database, which already contains pictures unreachable
via Thumbnail view: re-reading metadata from the picture did not solve
anything (e.g. The pictures remained visible in Table view, but not in
Thumbnail view)

3) With my "old" digikam database, which already contains pictures unreachable
via Thumbnail view: Deleting the Samsung pictures and re-importing them made
them visible/reachable again via Thumbnail view.

It seems that the patch proposed solves the issue for new (or newly imported)
files, but does not solve anything for "already imported" files (even by re-
reading the metadata).

I added the comments below in the BugZilla.

This leads us to the second question: How can I repari my already existing
database?

As a sidenote: my system runs Debian Stable, with Digikam 5.3. Is there any
risk in running the Digikam 5.7 Appimage file that I downloaded instead of the
one provided by Debian? (Compilation against libs that are from different
version, making the app sometime unstable, or stuff like that).

Thank you.
Best regards,
Gurvan