Reloading Metadata

Freddie Witherden freddie at witherden.org
Sat Aug 19 21:34:22 BST 2017

Hi all,

A few months ago I imported some photos taken with a lens that, at the
time, was not supported by exiv2.  As such, in Digikam, the metadata
simply shows the lens ID as opposed to its name.  Since then, exiv2 has
been updated, and now does know about my lens.

My question is how I can get Digikam to update its database?  Some of
the photos seem to have picked up the proper lens name (as shown by the
"Photograph properties" panel) but others still just show a numerical
lens ID.

I have tried the various maintenance options to no avail.  Is there a
specific means of forcing Digikam to refresh its metadata from whence it
came, ignoring everything in its own DB?

Regards, Freddie.