How to upload to google photos in original quality

Mike Mattie codermattie at runbox.com
Wed Aug 16 23:21:48 BST 2017

Hi,

I have been uploading to google photos using the batch upload tool for OS X and it preserves the original file contents when uploading. I can check by the size.

I tried out DigiKam recently and exported a photo. Instead of being 14mg it was heavily compressed down to 3mg. This is a huge loss in quality. I use google photos for backup as well as sharing so the uploaded images must be pixel-for-pixel the same as the original.

Is there a way to upload without re-compressing the crap out of the image?

If there is not would it be hard to add?

Thanks,
Mike Mattie