Exiv2 bug reports

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 09:01:15 BST 2017

There is something that i don't understand well...

If the release depend only of the credential of Exiv2.org web site, there
is only a right access to the website to only post and register the new
release as well.

Releasing source code has nothing to do with a website !

For me it's a wrong problem :

1/ release the source code
2/ post the announcement

If 2/ cannot be done due to lack of credential, create a new web site as
well.

But as i already recommended to Robin, the source code is the big priority.
I have a big exprience in open source, i know Exiv2 source code also to
have already contributed, and this is the main goal. Fix the problems with
client applications :

1/ list all main problems
2/ order by priority
3/ fix step by step.
4/ release more frequently the library (not all the 2 years, but all 6
month)

I already talk with Robin about this topic. The feedback was been
catastrophic. To resume : digiKam project is the heel and badly manged and
implemented.

This is why, for now, you can forget to talk about Exiv2 project to me...

I seriously plan Exiftool migration. It will take a while but at least
Exiftool is alive and constructive... I'm in contact with Exiftool team...

VoilĂ . This is just the viewpoint from an human who code a little bit at
free time...