New digikam website source available from KDE's git server

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Thu Apr 13 08:29:52 BST 2017

> 1. Link to google drive repo to download Pre-Release Bundles is missing.
>>

> This was link wasn't present on the drupal site, was it?
>
> Yes, it is. I was add myself this url to shared the pre build bundles.

> My thoughts are that a link from the site to google drive isn't
> appropriate. If the link is shared via the mailing list then OK, at least
> the people who get it from the mailing list know where and how to report
> back.

This si the repository of GDrive digiKam developer account. We use it to
prevent to pass to Phabricator to just share a non official release of
digiKam for testing. This is very important to verify quickly if a bug is
fixed or not. We don't want to pass to the long mechanism of validation in
KDE engine to share a bundle for testing purpose.

I build myself the bundles. It take a time. Sometime i build more than one
version by weeks. We need a quick system to share file. GDrive is perfect.
I upload files and that all... No need to create an entry in phabricator
and wait that something from KDE team process the job. Sometime it take 2
or 3 days.

Best