Exiv2 bug reports

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Sun Apr 9 22:05:26 BST 2017

As i know, Robin has planed to move Exiv2 code to github, or something in
the team. I don't know exactly.

But the problem is more complex than that.

Few month ago, seeing all the problem in digiKam due of bad video support
in Exiv2, i proposed to Robin to revisit the Exiv2 code, using the same
technics used in digiKam :

1/ Pass all the code to static analyzer and fix the dysfunctions.
2/ only give the minimalist visibility of Exiv2 implementations from client
side, to prevent to break the binary compatibility of the library.
3/ Clean up code to permit to install more than one version at the same
time on a computer. I know serious problem in this kind of situation. This
is very problematic.
4/ complete cmake port and remove the automake/autoconf, to limit code to
maintain.

None of this points have been accepted. I insisted by Robin start to use
weird words about me.

Recently, after to report as UPStream some dysfunction, the bugs have been
rejected as well. Robin said that digiKam is a monster badly implemented
which perturb tha Exiv2 project.

Following this state, you can understand me to still polit, and left to
support Exiv2, and especially Robin ad the way trying to work in open
source. I have nothing to said to someone speaking to me like this.

Voilà, the problem is more human than technical... It's like in the real
life.