Exiv2 bug reports

Simon Frei freisim93 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 9 21:58:41 BST 2017

Take it slowly. We don't know the history behind all this (at least
that's the impression I get from the votes so far).
The way I interpret that post is, that there is a founder or other kind
of leader that is only partially involved in maintaining exiv2, but has
all the keys to the infrastructure in his hand. This needs to be somehow
resolved between this person and the people doing the heavy lifting on
the code.
Calling for taking over exiv2 either as a fork or integrating in digiKam
(very bad option in my opinion) is certainly not a good idea. The core
team working on digiKam is doing a great job, but certainly has enough
on its plate as it stands. digiKam isn't the only software to use exiv2,
so going ahead unilateral is anyway inpractical.