Exiv2 bug reports

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Sun Apr 9 21:44:48 BST 2017

A fork is a possibility. Typically, i proposed to the rest of the team to
directly integrate Exiv2 core somewhere in digiKam core, with some part
removed that we don't use, as ssh and web support.

Forking Exiv2 will be not simple to maintain. Even if all the image support
is well implemented in Exiv2, there are always tags list to improve. For
the video support a lots of code need to be review and stabilized. So, it's
a long work to do, and we have also a lots of bugs to fix in digiKam.

So the decision is not simple to take. I'm shared...