Exiv2 bug reports

aegoreev at gmail.com aegoreev at gmail.com
Sun Apr 9 19:37:39 BST 2017

I think we need to leave exiv2 as is for still images and find something else
for video files if possible...
There are many options for video files out there. I have dealt with:

mediainfo ( I have used it for reading but I am not sure if it can write)

ffmpeg (I use it for conversion/compression but I know it can read/write
metadata. mediainfo seems to be able to read better IMHO. I have not checked
its all metadata writing capabilities)

bento4 (I use it to move "xyz" atoms from originals to compressed files because
they get lost during ffmpeg compression. [This is a bug of ffmpeg but I don't
think it will be fixed soon.] This allows me to see the videos on the map on my
Samsung Android phone. I haven't checked all the capabilities of that tool
though.)

Once we know what we want to do for video files I can volunteer and check every
single tool availble on the web and come up with some kind of report.