New digikam website source available from KDE's git server

Pat David patdavid at gmail.com
Sat Apr 8 22:51:58 BST 2017

I was going to scrape all the old Flickr images locally - Mica, what should
I do for folder structure?

I'll look into fixing the anchor headings styling to avoid confusion.

Need a bug tracker for the website to capture/track these. :)
On Sat, Apr 8, 2017 at 11:28 AM Mica Semrick <mica at silentumbrella.com>
wrote:

> New posts will have their resources served from the digikam domain,
> however, there are ~350 old posts with images from flickr. That's a lot of
> migration work, as is adding alt tags.
>
> We welcome patches for this effort. :) Otherwise it'll be a slow
> migration. If someone is interested in scripting it, please let me know so
> we can talk about folder structure.
>

> -m
>

> On April 8, 2017 7:05:15 AM PDT, Alexander Langley <
> alexander.g.langley at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> The website looks excellent! I'm very pleased that everything works
> without JavaScript enabled, which is increasingly uncommon these days :/
>
> However, when I disable 3rd party resources, the Flickr images don't load,
> which reveals that the alt-text for those images is not very descriptive.
> Could someone work on describing the images appropriately so that people
> who use screen readers (or nutcases like me who disable 3rd party
> resources) can tell what the images are?
>
> Also, some of the h3s on the Contribute page have anchor tags so that they
> can be linked to. Currently, those anchor tags enclose the headers, making
> them appear to be clickable links. This looks kind of confusing, so I think
> it would be prudent to either not enclose the h3, or to add a style rule
> that makes the foreground color for a[name] and a[name]:hover the same as
> for an un-wrapped h3.
>
> - Alexander
>
> On Apr 8, 2017, 09:53 -0400, AndriusWild <aegoreev at gmail.com>, wrote:
>
> Staging.digiKam.org already looking amazing!
>
> Couple suggestions:
> 1. Link to google drive repo to download Pre-Release Bundles is missing.
> 2. Add an ability to subscribe to digikam news and posts on the website.
> This in combination with "digiKam tip of the day/week" will create more
> traffic on the website.
>

> --
>
> --
https://patdavid.net
GPG: 66D1 7CA6 8088 4874 946D  18BD 67C7 6219 89E9 57AC