The Export "Email Images" option - what about adding mutt?

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Thu Sep 8 11:40:06 BST 2016

Stuart T Rogers <stuart at stella-maris.org.uk> wrote:
> You dont say what version of digikam this relates to. My understanding
> of V5 is that it uses the mailto protocol which should open the system
> default application for that process. What happens with other apps which
> use mailto?

Ah!

I'm running the default xubuntu 16.10 version of digikam which is
4.12.0.

Other programs using mailto (e.g. firefox) get to run mutt OK.

Maybe I'll just wait until my digikam gets updated to 5.x, it's not
*that* important, just a minor annoyance.  As it is I can manually
select thunderbird when using Digikam's export to Email and, as I do
have thunderbird installed (though I don't use it) it does work OK.

Thanks!  :-)

--
Chris Green
ยท