Missing menu items after update to 5.2

Jan Wolter jan at wolter.re
Sun Oct 16 15:51:48 BST 2016

Hello,

I compiled the actual digikam version from git on my Linux Mint 17.3
(based on Ubuntu 14.04) and have a similar problem.

When I start digikam from terminal I see the splash screen and
afterwards the digikam window as expected:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/91057768/digikam-window-ok.png
(Btw: I have actual dk v5.3 installed but it appears splash screen from
version 5.1 instead of actual splash screen ->
https://www.digikam.org/splashcreens. Does anyone know, why?)

But when I create a panel launcher that just calls /bin/digikam, I see
no splash screen but instead a small window with following text:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/91057768/digikam-window-loading-tools.png
When digikam has started the menu bar seems to be broken, as there are
only two entries "Settings" and "Help":
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/91057768/digikam-window-not-ok.png

Can anyone help?

Best regards,