Coming from Picasa Desktop - help

Eduard Zalar eduard at zalar.de
Sun Oct 16 12:56:44 BST 2016

Thank you very much for this excellent discussion!

I am also coming from Picasa Desktop and I also miss this "Virtual Album"
feature.  It was so easy to pick up the pictures for desired use cases like:
* Sending some (but not all) photos to the family.
* Select photos for printing
* Select photos for a collage
* for uploading to an online album
etc.
Additionally, my standard tree structure is not the same as the name of a
virtual album.
I sorted my pictures in a timely manner using \year\year-month-day ID
But a virtual album was able to link photos from different folders and had
a completely different name like: "holiday in austria"

So what could be done now to file a feature request for digiKam and find
other supporters?