how to change to an usb disk

Pottier Michel Michel.Pottier at free.fr
Sun Oct 2 10:37:47 BST 2016

Hello all

This week-end i have tried to copy all my collection of photos to an 1Tb
usb drive, to connect it to a laptop (fedora 24-digikam 5.1).

The problem that i have faced:

First, when i open Digikam it proposes me (in short): "to change uuid",
"collection on amovible support", "see that later"

Il I choose the first one, all seems OK, i access to the photos (the
editor can open them). But later when I open Digikan with the usb not
accessible, I lost all the collection. Worse, when making the usb
accessible again and after opening Digikam, it doesn't make things
better and doesn't allow to access to the collection.

If I choose the second one (data on usb), I can see the collection, but
it is impossible to open the photos, because the UUID is wrong. The
editor can't open the images.

What I have done to solve the problem : I chose first the second option,
then I used sqlitebrowser to update the AlbumRoots table with the right
volumeid:uuid.

Now all is fine, i can open Digikam without having the usb drive
mounted, and if connect it later I can access to the photos.

But is there an other way to solve the problem rather than writing in
the database (for example non exclusive option between "change uuid" and
"amovible media")?

Have a good day