Edit keyboard shortcuts to edit tools

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 19:09:36 GMT 2016

Yes, it.

Main window has an actions collection (action  = menu entry + icon +
shortcuts)
Image Editor window has a dedicated actions collection which is different
than main window.
It's the same for Light Table, BQM, Import tool, etc. Each window store the
actions collection settings in a dedicated text file from your home
directory.

This file for Image editor sound like corrupted in your current account.

The editor action collection cannot be shared with main window action
collection. Editing editor actions collection from from main window in
impossible. This have been always the case with previous releases as 4.x or
3.x.

Settings text files in your home directory is located in
~/.local/share/kxmlgui5/digikam. Mine :

[gilles at localhost digikam]$ pwd
/home/gilles/.local/share/kxmlgui5/digikam
[gilles at localhost digikam]$ ls
imageeditorui5.rc         kipiplugin_flashexportui.rc
kipiplugin_imageshackui.rc  kipiplugin_piwigoui.rc
kipiplugin_remotestorageui.rc  kipiplugin_vkontakteui.rc
kipiplugin_dropboxui.rc   kipiplugin_flickrui.rc
 kipiplugin_imgurui.rc       kipiplugin_printimagesui.rc
 kipiplugin_sendimagesui.rc     kipiplugin_wikimediaui.rc
kipiplugin_facebookui.rc  kipiplugin_googleservicesui.rc
 kipiplugin_kmlexportui.rc   kipiplugin_rajceui.rc
 kipiplugin_smugui.rc           kipiplugin_yandexfotkiui.rc