5.3 philip5 packages vs. 5.4 app image (Re: Digikam 4.14.0 -> 5.3.0 - big update, some questions)

Jens Benecke jens-digikam at spamfreemail.de
Mon Nov 21 21:21:24 GMT 2016

Hi,

first, thank you for the packaging at all which make life easier for so
many of us!

Now, to do my part (help testing and report bugs :-) ): This is the 5.3
ubuntu ppa Digikam:

And this is the 5.4 appimage:

Differences I can see:

- smaller default / UI fonts (more similar to my Ubuntu settings),
- every toolbar item has an icon (with consistent styles),
- sidebar tab dimensions are more consistent and no missing icons
- the appimage does not integrate into the global menu.

Does the appImage use different KDE resources / defaults / config file
locations than the PPA packages?

Regarding video, Gilles has already replied, it seems to be an appImage
issue (or rather gstreamer issue).

Thank you!