Fwd: 5.3 philip5 packages vs. 5.4 app image (Re: Digikam 4.14.0 -> 5.3.0 - big update, some questions)

Jens Benecke jens-digikam at spamfreemail.de
Sun Nov 20 22:41:45 GMT 2016

> Hi,
> I have to correct this - menu integration works but the original menu isn’t automatically hidden. I had to hide it manually, now the menu shows in the global menubar like it should. So this issue is closed, at least for me.
>
> However, I have found some others in the meantime:
>
> * video files, pausing and skipping doesn’t work, the play controls are disabled. I can only watch the file being played back.
>
> * when grouping photos by dragging them onto each other, the popup context menu doesn’t always appear. I suspect a race condition or something like that - when I move the mouse very slowly and stop before releasing the mouse button, it works most of the time.
>
> Are these issues known?
>
> none of that as i know...

Hi,
I now tried the 5.4 app image (vs. philip5’s 5.3 packages) and there are some differences.

In the 5.4 appimage,
- video playback does not work at all, it works fine in 5.3 (without pause/repeat) and OS X (with full controls)
- the icon set (for menus and buttons) seems consistent and complete (vs. missing icons and different sizes in 5.3)
- the fonts look like KDE default fonts (5.3 seems to use far too large fonts for everything)
- Bug #370150 regarding Geolocation seems fixed

So, if I had a wish … I would like a 5.4 Ubuntu package that uses the complete icon set and sane KDE fonts (or some advice on how to set the KDE fonts on my Ubuntu system without having to install the whole of Kubuntu - or just make KDE/Digikam use the Ubuntu font settings). ;-)

Philip, can you help?

Thank you!

--
Jens Benecke - jens at spamfreemail.de <mailto:jens at spamfreemail.de>