Digikam-users Digest, Vol 138, Issue 33

Brian J Hoskins brian at hoskins.eu
Tue Nov 15 22:40:05 GMT 2016

Dear Gilles,

In the "Images" table there is a field called "fileSize".  When the
database is created, this is of type int.  Since type int is 32-bit, I
wondered if this would impose a 4GB (2^32) limit on the fileSize
record.  So I changed it to bigint (64-bit) and this indeed allowed
digikam to add the file.
I had to change the field type "on the fly", while the database
migration was running (but after the schema is created), because digikam
resets it to int each time the migration is started.  I was able to make
the change before digikam encountered the large file and this worked.

Since the error dialogue does not tell me which file it was complaining
about, I can't say exactly what file triggered the error.
But to test my thinking further, I created a fresh SQLite database with
only one file in it; a 5.2GB mp4 file.  I then tried to migrate that
database and I encountered the same error.  So I think I was right about
the 4GB limit.

Best Regards,

Brian.