UpdateSchemaFromV7ToV8 fails

Markus Leuthold digikam at titlis.org
Wed Nov 9 21:03:17 GMT 2016

> Maik Qualmann kirjoitti 30.08.2016 22:27:
> >
> * Sorry, if not used the internal MySQL server, the line must be added to *
> >
> * the *>
> * global my.cnf file or ~/.my.cnf. * Noup. I wasn't sure which ~/.my.cnf
> should I use (my local workstation,
> or server, and what user?), so I first added it to for my local user
> (MySQL server is running on different machine). I followed if Digikam
> accesses the file by using "inotifywait -m .my.cnf". No-one read it, so
> next thing I did was to add the line for server master config (under
> [mysqld]) and restarted the MySQL server. But no luck, everything
> remains as they were.
> Mikki

Hello all

I experience the same error. Is there any news on this issue? Can I help
with more information?

My setup

   - mariadb 10.0.27
   - OpenSuse Leap 42.2
   - Digikam 5.2

best, Kusi

~ $ digikam
digikam.general: AlbumWatch use QFileSystemWatcher
QFileSystemWatcher::removePaths: list is empty
digikam.general: Database Parameters:
  Type:                     "QMYSQL"
  DB Core Name:             "digikamdb"
  DB Thumbs Name:           "digikamthumbdb"
  DB Face Name:             ""
  Connect Options:          ""
  Host Name:                "brack"
  Host port:                0
  Internal Server:          false
  Internal Server Path:     ""
  Internal Server Serv Cmd: ""
  Internal Server Init Cmd: ""
  Username:                 "digikamuser"
  Password:                 "XXXXXXXXX"

digikam.dbengine: Loading SQL code from config file
"/usr/share/digikam/database/dbconfig.xml"
digikam.dbengine: Checking XML version ID => expected:  3  found:  3
digikam.coredb: Core database: running schema update
digikam.coredb: Core database: have a structure version  7
digikam.coredb: Core database: makeUpdates  7  to  8
digikam.dbengine: Failure executing query:
""
Error messages: "QMYSQL: Unable to execute query" "Specified key was too
long; max key length is 767
bytes" 1071 2
Bound values:  ()
digikam.dbengine: Error while executing DBAction [ "UpdateSchemaFromV7ToV8"
] Statement [ "ALTER TABL
E Albums\n                                        ADD CONSTRAINT
Albums_AlbumRoots FOREIGN KEY (album
Root) REFERENCES AlbumRoots (id) ON DELETE CASCADE ON UPDATE CASCADE,\n

         ADD UNIQUE (albumRoot, relativePath(255)),\n
                                       ENGINE
InnoDB;" ]
digikam.coredb: Core database: schema update to V 8 failed!
digikam.coredb: Core database: cannot process schema initialization