Linux Mint install

Mick Sulley mick at sulley.info
Tue Nov 8 16:25:36 GMT 2016

I run DigiKam on Mint 18.  The standard install gets you version 4, you
can also use PPA philip5/extra to get up to version 5, but as Gilles
said you can just download the AppImage bundle, make it executable and
double click.  It just works like magic!  I expected to have problems
getting it to work but no, it just works.  Plus all the dependencies are
included there as well so it really is easy.

Cheers

Mick