export to flikr

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 09:11:47 GMT 2016

Aha, this is the magical point where AppImage can help with digiKam
deployment.

"You have nothing to install and uninstall"

- AppImage is a bundle. All that DK needs is embedded in a container (Fuse
FS based). there is nothing to install.
- You can let's 5.2.0 from system wide installed. No conflict.
- Linux Mint must be supported. DK AppImage is compiled under older CentOS
6 for binary compatibility with glibc.
- Pre-requires : one computer with at least 4Gb of RAM (32 or 64 bits). A
fast CPU is welcome of course.
- AppImage do not install files on your system. You download and run it.
All the stuff is done in memory.

I write here some words to do if a problem appear after downloading the
bundle (see AT RUN-TIME ON TARGET COMPUTER section) :

https://quickgit.kde.org/?p=digikam-software-compilation.git&a=blob&f=project%2Fappimage%2FREADME&o=plain

All feedback are welcome. Thanks in advance