[Digikam-users] Tags not written to XMP sidecar?

Anders Kamf digikam at kamf.se
Wed May 25 20:08:26 BST 2016

Hi,

Thanks again for the ideas! This is my setup, a few differences in versions
can be noted.

Laptop version - where I do initial tagging of my photos before moving them
to my server for long term storage:
digiKam version 4.14.0
Exiv2 can write to Jpeg: Yes
Exiv2 supports XMP metadata: Yes
LibExiv2: 0.25
LibKDE: 4.14.13
LibKExiv2: 2.4.0

Windows "client" version from where I access my photos on the server:
digiKam version 4.10.0
Exiv2 can write to Jpeg: Yes
Exiv2 supports XMP metadata: Yes
LibExiv2: 0.24
LibKDE: 4.10.2
LibKExiv2: 2.4.0

I have tried som different settings with the rescan setting without any
help. I don't like to mix with timestamp nor the writing of metadata to
file setting as that could impact my workflow and my collection.

I'll guess I have to wait until newer versions comes around and hopefully
the problem is gone.

BR
Anders