[Digikam-users] GeoLocation Question

Michael Rasmussen michael at jamhome.us
Fri Jun 24 13:55:51 BST 2016

On Fri, Jun 24, 2016 at 02:27:49PM +0200, Andreas Ege wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> If your mobile photos have the geolocation data in a format digikam can read, it's simple.
> Mark the images you want to tag, go to geolocation under the image menu, right click on the tagged photo and copy coordinates. Then choose the untagged images, right click and paste.
> Sorry, not sure about the english names and might be wrong with the exact menu - am on holiday and far away from my digikam install.

This works great.

To clarify a bit:
Select the photos you want to work with, including the reference image with the Geolocation information.
>From the Image menu select Geolocation - the Geolocation box with pop up.
Right click on the image with the coordinates and select copy.
Select the image or images you wish to add coordinates to, right click and paste.

Just did it. Works Great.

> What I do is to use my mobile as a gps tracker and then use digikams time correlation function to find the gps coordinates for the images - usually works quite well and easy (though I frequently forget to set the cameras clock to the local time, but digikam allows to adjust for that). If you take the mobile with you anyway that's probably the more conveniant solution.
>
> Andreas Ege
> Dr. med. vet. MRCVS
>
> Sent from BlueMail
>

> On 23 Jun 2016, 23:05, at 23:05, Mick Sulley <mick at sulley.info> wrote:
> >I have just taken a series of pictures in different locations with my
> >Canon.  For each location I also took one with my phone so that I would
> >
> >have the coordinates.  I have imported all pictures into DigiKam, what
> >is the easiest/best way to copy the location data from the phone pics
> >the Canon pics?
> >
> >Thanks
> >Mick

      Michael Rasmussen, Portland Oregon
    Be Appropriate && Follow Your Curiosity
YOU ARE IN A TWISTY LITTLE MAZE OF PASSAGES, ALL DIFFERENT.