[Digikam-users] Digikam doesn't works with shared folder

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 09:05:54 BST 2016

Hi Félix,

Definitively, the Windows version tthat you use is outdated and very
buggous.

Use digiKam 5.0.0-beta7 installer for Windows that i cross compile with MXE
here :

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7yq-xFihT0_SzhxVzF1RDhPbFE

This digiKam is a 32 bits version tested by end users under Windows 7, 8,
and 10.
I can build a 64 bits installer to test, but it's not necessary for the
moment. 64 bits will be at least available for 5.0.0 final release planed
in few weeks.

The previous install of 4.12.0 release must be uninstalled before to
install this new one. Typically the 5.0.0 installer must detect previous
version and uninstall it automatically.

Read well the release notes at end of install (html page loaded in web
browser). It's very important.

When digiKam 5.0.0 is installed, do not start it immediatly. In first start
Windows process manager look if you have "dbus-lauch.exe" and digikam.exe"
in memory. If yes kill them. It's necessary due to a bugs in 4.12.0
typically fixed in 5.0.0.

If you have any problems, let's me hear...